Tuesday 9 February 2010

New Makes

Hi,  I have been busy over the lat few days making birthday gifts for friends and family.  The first I made was this purple seed bead creation.

I love the clasp on this.  It is seven strands of seed beads, which I thread on to wire by hand.  I think it looks great when it is finished, but it really makes your hand ache!!!!



Here's a close up of the clasp.  I think it's so pretty, and makes it a more adaptable necklace, as you can have the clasp as a centre piece at the front, off to the side, or if you have it at the back, and have short hair, it really looks great.


My second creation was a keyring.  One of my friends doesn't really wear much jewellery, but I wanted to make her something for her birthday this week.  Never made a keyring before, but I don't think it's too bad for a first attempt.  Let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment